085 0030140 info@mffa.nl
Select Page

Income tax return

Would you like to know more about our services in the field of income tax returns or advice?
Please feel free to contact us.

MFFA Tax Advice | Tax Advice

Income tax return

The income tax return (IB declaration) must be submitted every year, the blue envelope will again fall on the doormat this year. Everyone who receives an income or has assets in the Netherlands is legally obliged to pay tax on this. The tax is initially withheld from the employer who withholds wage tax/national insurance contributions. After that, the income tax return is usually also submitted afterwards.

The tax advisors of MFFA Belastingadvies have a lot of experience with filing income tax returns for individuals and entrepreneurs (sole proprietorship, general partnership, partnership). In addition to the tax return, we also take care of the bookkeeping and annual accounts. This ensures that we can offer everything in one package at a fixed price (accounting, declarations, advice).

accounting services netherlands

Filing a tax return – Income tax return
Frequently asked questions

There are always questions that arise with the income tax return.

We often hear the following questions:


Can I also get a postponement with the income tax return?

If you wish, you can join us in the deferral arrangement (Becon arrangement) for your income tax return. If you fall under our deferral arrangement, the income tax return may be submitted a bit later. For example, for the 2013 tax return, we may submit the return to the Tax Authorities no later than May 1, 2015, normally this is April 1, 2014. Feel free to contact us if you would like this.


What happens if the tax authorities do not follow the submitted return?

The tax authorities do not always follow the submitted income tax return. The tax authorities will then send an assessment that will deviate from the income tax return submitted. If there are reasons for this, you can object to this. Our experience shows that it is always good to object because the tax authorities are not always right. We will discuss your opportunities with you without obligation. It would be a shame if you leave money behind!


What kind of declaration do I have to submit if I am going to emigrate abroad?

When emigrating abroad, deregistration must take place at the municipal basic administration (GBA). The GBA will then inform the tax authorities, which will automatically send a so-called M-form (assuming that you have always submitted the tax return in the Netherlands). This M-ticket must be submitted manually on paper (cannot be submitted electronically!). However, as a tax advice office we do have the option of submitting the M-form electronically.

See also our articles emigration tax advice and working abroad

Immigration to the Netherlands:
If you have immigrated to the Netherlands, you must also register with the GBA of your municipality. You will not automatically receive an M-form because you are not known to the tax authorities. However, if you are going to earn income in the Netherlands and you think that tax has to be paid on this, you must contact us yourself and request that an M-form be issued so that you can file a tax return.


What does MFFA Tax Advice need to file the tax return?

In order to submit the income tax return for you, we have prepared an IB return checklist.

Income tax advice

In addition to submitting the income tax return, we provide income tax advice (IB advice).
You can think of:

  • Purchase of own home, holiday home, 2nd home, vacant home, investment property
  • Divorce, alimony, personal allowance, averaging
  • Pension, annual margin, reserve margin, annuity
  • Average income , wealth management, wealth planning
  • Emigration tax advice, immigration, double taxation prevention, foreign tax liability
  • Making the building available to its own BV (TBS scheme), result of other activities (ROW)

Would you like to know more about our tax services?

Would you like to know more about our services in the field of income tax returns or advice? Would you like advice that excludes tax risks such as additional assessments and fines? Please feel free to contact us using our contact form. We will then discuss the tax opportunities and possibilities with you. You can also call us at 085 00 30140.


Do you have any questions or do you want to know more about our prices?


In the Netherlands: +31 (0)85 0030140
From abroad: +31 (0)20 2615615


Amsterdam: Keizersgracht 62, 1015 CS
Amstelveen: Laan van Kronenburg 14, 1183 AS
Bovensmilde (Assen): Witterweg 2, 9421 PG
The Hague: Schenkkade 50, 2595 AR
Eindhoven: Hurksestraat 64, 5652 AL

1 + 8 =

Specialist in: Expats | International Companies , MFFA Belastingadvies | Tax Advice
Jeroen Mijlof graduated in economics and tax law at the University of Groningen. He has + 15 years’ experience in National and International Tax Law for both individuals and companies. Before MFFA he worked at the Dutch tax authorities, KPMG Meijburg and RSM International Tax Services .