085 0030140 info@mffa.nl
Select Page

US Income tax return

Do you need to file your US income tax return and also an income tax return in the Netherlands? Contact us

MFFA Belastingadvies | Tax Advice

US Income tax return

US expats and US residents / green card holders living abroad are generally required to file an US income tax return with the federal government and potentially at the state level as well. US tax compliance obligations are distinct from the time spent abroad and from the immigration residential status of the taxpayer.

If you are planning to move abroad, or, in fact, already living as expatriate, make sure to keep US tax out of the way of adjusting to a new culture. Although it may be tempting, you need not to ignore this important aspect of living abroad

Our Services – US income tax return / Dutch income tax return

For those US expatriates living in the Netherlands, we can assist in filing your Dutch personal income tax return as well as providing US income tax consultation and compliance. We provide the personal assistance and coordination needed by US Citizens and Green Card Holders living abroad. That is, mainly assuring no double taxation takes place through our detailed and accurate interpretation of the US-NL tax treaty and other various tax breaks. We specifically provide the following US and Dutch tax services for businesses and individuals:


US Tax Services

  • Consultation and preparation of US federal and state tax returns (form 1040) for US citizens living abroad
  • Consultation and preparation of non-resident alien individual tax returns (form 1040NR) for US rental income, capital gains from real property, salary income, and business income
  • Consultation and preparation of US estate taxreturns for US citizens (form 706), and non-resident aliens holding US property (form 706NR)
  • US tax advice and much more

Dutch Tax Services

  • Filing of Dutch income tax return for expats and US companies
  • Migration tax advice
  • Cross border transactions
  • Appliation of the 30% tax ruling for expats
  • Dutch tax advice (corporate and individual)
  • Start up advice for companies

More information about filing your US income tax return?

Do you need to file your US income tax return and also an income tax return in the Netherlands? Feel free to contact us. You can fill in the contact form or call us at +31 (0)85 00 30140.

Specialist in: Expats | International Companies , MFFA Belastingadvies | Tax Advice
Jeroen Mijlof graduated in economics and tax law at the University of Groningen. He has + 15 years’ experience in National and International Tax Law for both individuals and companies. Before MFFA he worked at the Dutch tax authorities, KPMG Meijburg and RSM International Tax Services .